PERFORMING ARTS / UITVOERENDE KUNSTE
SUBJECT: MUSIC / MUSIEK
ENTRANTS MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Entries are limited to THREE (3) items per person in certain sessions. Please check the individual sessions for guidance.
- Entrants ARE NOT REQUIRED TO INCLUDE A COPY OF THEIR MUSIC WITH THE ENTRY FORM, BUT ARE REMINDED TO SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR MUSIC TO THE ADJUDICATOR SECRETARY ON THE DAY OF PERFORMANCE. This copy may not be returned.
- There are no program requirements of solo classical repertoire in any of the classes with the exception that no works requiring any sort of preparation or amplification of the piano (s) will be admitted.
- Candidates should observe da capo and dal segno indications, but other repeats of more than a few bars should not be played.
performed must be complete, as well as complete movements of larger works. No “cuts” or “excerpts” will be allowed, for
example: the Exposition section of a Haydn,
Mozart or Beethoven Sonata is NOT the whole movement. The whole movement of such a piece must be
performed. It is not required to perform
a complete Sonata; however, it is allowed for example when a teacher or
candidate wishes to enter such a large-scale work it must be entered as follow:
- L. Beethoven – Sonata Op 90 (complete) or
- L. Beethoven - Sonata Op 90 (1st Movement)
- Works from the Examination Syllabi of ABRSM, TRINITY, UNISA and other examination bodies are allowed.
- TEACHERS should refrain from entering a huge group of candidates that play the same piece over and over on the same
- Candidates must tune their instruments themselves at all grades. However, the teacher or accompanist may advise on tuning for Grades 1-5, if needed.
- The Art Festival provides music stands, but candidates are welcome to bring their own if they prefer.
Closing date for all entries in this category is on Monday 24 June 2019.
VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE ENSURE THAT WE RECEIVE YOUR ENTRY
FORMS ON THE ABOVE DATE OR A MAXIMUM OF TWO – THREE DAYS LATER. WE MUST RECEIVE ENTRIES BEFORE THE JUNE
HOLIDAYS. WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT? DURING THE JUNE HOLIDAYS, ALL ENTRIES ARE
SIEVED INTO CORRECT SESSIONS IN ORDER FOR US TO DO A NUMBER OF THINGS:
- To compile the venue and time
allocation time table.
- To determine the number of entries and time needed to process the various sessions.
- To inform adjudicators of their time table and compile sessions according to availability.
- To assist schools with transport problems.
- To accommodate all requests received from schools and parents.
- To compile the master list for the diplomas which are sent to the printers.
- To check that the names and surnames of all candidates are correct on the diplomas.
- To determine the precise outlay of the venues.
- To submit orders for notarial seals, medals, trophies etc. timeously to the various companies.
ALL MUSIC TEACHERS: please do not annoy the audience, or the adjudicators by entering candidates that play the same piece over and over on the same instrument. As musicians, we are very privileged to have such a vast choice of repertoire for almost every available instrument. The choices are endless.