This unique category was first tested in 2016 and with astonishing results.
This session is particularly helpful for both teachers and music students preparing for the annual external and internal music examinations. It is an extremely good platform to perform the pieces in the presence of an expert and sometimes specialist adjudicator/examiner. Depending on the entries received for this session we might have a panel of adjudicators. Teachers are welcome to indicate on the entry form the sections they wish to be tested. Generally, it is only scales and pieces that are tested, but sight-reading and aural tests can also be tested. FULL test will include a formal examination which includes all of the tests. The comments of the adjudicator are extremely important in order to fix mistakes not noticed before. We trust that this session will be even bigger and better in 2019.
- This session is for all candidates performing the Graded examinations of ABRSM, UNISA, TRINITY etc, BUT NOT RESTRICTED TO THESE EXAMINATION BODIES.
- Candidates to perform a balanced program of three (3) pieces on the same instrument. TAKE NOTE: UNISA candidates are allowed to perform four (4) pieces as a programme.
- Candidates to perform their program in one sitting.
- The session is open for music grades 1 – 8 AS WELL AS FOR TERTIARY STUDENTS.
- The session is open for any solo instrument except pipe organ.
- Candidates are free to perform more than one program but can only do so if the instruments are other than the 1st instrument.
Joan of Arc – Piano Grade 3 - One sitting
Joan of Arc – Flute Grade 6 - One sitting
Joan of Arc – Violin Grade 8 - One sitting
In such a case the candidate can perform each program separately according to the time table for this session.
REMINDER: EACH SITTING MUST CONSIST OF A BALANCED PROGRAM OF THREE (3) PIECES. All three pieces presented cannot be presented coming from the Baroque period etc. It should represent a balanced spread of the style periods.
- Candidates are required to complete only ONE entry form for ONE SITTING but should complete another entry form should they wish to enter for more than one instrument.
- Please see the RATES on page 8 & 9 for the entry fee per sitting.
- Candidates will receive a diploma for the complete sitting and feedback for every piece that they perform.
- By the time the entry forms are submitted, candidates are requested to insert the names of the composers as well as the names of the pieces on the entry form. This information will appear on the diploma.
- Time allocation per sitting will be calculated according to the music grade and will be stipulated on the final program including the time given to adjudicators to write their comments.
- Entrants ARE NOT REQUIRED TO INCLUDE A COPY OF THEIR MUSIC WITH THE ENTRY FORM, BUT ARE REMINDED TO
SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR MUSIC TO THE ADJUDICATOR SECRETARY ON THE DAY OF PERFORMANCE. This copy may
not be returned.