This category is a new addition to the festival. The specific reason for this category is to give general musicians (those not enrolled in a formal music course and/or formal graded music examinations) the opportunity to showcase their talent in a relaxed, friendly and informal atmosphere.
- Candidates are allowed to perform on ANY instrument of their choice provided that they bring their own instrument along. Pipe Organs are NOT included in this session. The festival provide music stands as well as a grand piano and a normal upright piano.
- Candidates are allowed to enter a maximum of two (2) pieces in this session.
- Candidates can enter for the SOLO session and/or the mixed (combined) session where any combination of instruments and number of players are allowed. This must be clearly indicated on the entry form.
- A diploma will be issued to each candidate.
- Copies of all performance works must be submitted to the adjudicator secretary and may not be returned. A copy of improvisations and/or music played from memory is not required.
- Candidates must note that the Copyright Act 98 of 1978, as amended, strictly prohibits the photocopying of sheet music without written permission form the publisher.
- AGE: ALL AGES
WHAT TYPE OF REPERTOIRE IS NORMALLY PLAYED IN THIS SESSION?
General music. Music from the radio. Your favourite song. Film music. Transcriptions from orchestral movie scores etc.