1. Teachers, parents/guardians must ensure that all entry forms are completed in full, clear, legible hand writing. THE FOLLOWING IS OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE: FOR OBVIOUS REASONS TEACHERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE ENTRY FORMS TO LEARNERS TO COMPLETE. It happened in the past and we suffered to decipher the entry forms and sorting out correct sessions for such learners. IF THE SORTING COMMITTEE COME ACROSS SUCH AN ENTRY – IT WOULD BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED. WE WILL ALSO NOT RETURN ENTRY FEES. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.
2. TEACHERS SHOULD USE THE APPROPRIATE ENTRY FORMS. DO NOT SCRATCH OUT PRINTED SCRIPT ON THE ENTRY FORM AND WRITE OTHER INFORMATION ON THE FORM. ALL FORMS ARE 100% CORRECT. USE APPROPRIATE FORMS. SHOULD YOU WISH TO WRITE A NOTE FOR MY ATTENTION, PLEASE WRITE IT ON THE ENTRY FORM. I HAVE NO OBJECTION TO THIS. THE COMPLETE ENTRY FORM, TOGETHER WITH THE DIPLOMA, ADJUDICATOR COMMENTS ETC. WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU, THE TEACHER.
3. All sessions will commence as stipulated on the program which all participating schools will receive on MONDAY 24th JULY August 2017. A group or participant not available at the start of the session will automatically loose his/her position on the program and will have to wait until much later in the day to perform. THANK YOU TO THE SCHOOLS IN 2016 THAT MADE ARRANGEMENTS IN THIS REGARD. THE FESTIVAL WAS RUNNING ON TIME WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.
4. All venues are in walking distance from the main building. Teachers and candidates to ensure that they arrive at least 15 minutes before each session. Should you be late, then you will have to wait until much later in the day. NO EXCEPTIONS. Convenors on site will ensure the smooth flow of arrangements.
5. All candidates to perform in school uniform unless otherwise stipulated in the syllabus. Teachers are also at liberty to decide appropriate dress for the performance.
6. Entry forms and fees as well as accompanying art works, photography, EXCEPT POEMS AND SHEET MUSIC must reach Sundays River Primary School no later than Monday 19TH June 2017. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS. You receive this syllabus (unlike other festivals) well in advance. There is no reason to submit late entries.
7. The Festival Officer reserves the right to combine classes or cancel any class due to insufficient entries.
8. Entries that exceed the stated time limit will be penalised and the adjudicator reserves the right to stop a performance that is overrunning.
9. There will be ONE Festival appointed photographer on the premises every day for the duration of the festival. A photographer from the
Press will also visit the festival during the week and will publish photos in the newspaper/s. NO OTHER PHOTOGRAPHY, SOUND or
VIDEO RECORDING is allowed during performances as they can distract performers as well as infringing copyright and our child
10. Mobile phones must be switched off inside the venues.
11. No smoking is allowed inside any of the venues. Please use the sand holders outside the various venues. Do not throw buds all over the
12. Audiences are welcome to attend all events and their support is greatly appreciated by the performers, particularly in classes
where the entries are small. Not only can you enjoy several hours of music, dance or drama, but you also have the opportunity
to hear a professional give valuable advice and guidance. NO ADMISSION FEE will be charged during the adjudicating phase
for audience members.
13. The audience are expected to behave appropriately, e.g. not entering or leaving the venue while a performance or adjudication is
in progress and above all to remain silent while participants perform and when the adjudicator or stewards speak. Anyone deemed not
to behave appropriately will be asked to leave; no refund will be given in this case.
14. Teachers, Parents/Guardians are responsible at all times for the welfare of the children/young people in their charge. The Festival does
not hold itself responsible for any injury sustained by any candidate or member of the public whilst on the Festival Premises.
15. Please ensure that all entrants are placed in the correct classes. Once the programme has gone to press it is difficult to make
16. Presentation is an important part of any performance, so consideration will be given to entrants who, for example - introduce their work
clearly and acknowledge applause at the end.
17. Any complaints relating to the festival should be sent to the Festival Organiser in writing. Any queries regarding a session should be
directed to the Festival Organiser.
18. The decision of the Adjudicator is final. He/She shall have the power to withhold any award if, in his/her opinion a performer not reaching
a sufficient standard.
19. See the various categories for detailed rules and regulations.
20. We expect all candidates to adhere to the rules of the Festival. The rules are stipulated for a reason. See under THE VARIOUS
CATEGORIES for a detailed outlay thereof.
21. Candidates should not wander around in the school building. Bathrooms for boys and girls are clearly marked. We expect absolute
silence in the corridors as the rest of the school’s day to day activities continue in normal fashion.
22. Adjudication will commence every morning exactly 9:00 and will continue throughout the day till 17:00 in the afternoon.
23. Lunch will be served to all adjudicators between 13:00 and 14:00.(see the section about tea/coffee/lunch for staff)
24. Various stalls/stands will be available on the premises and will operate every day for the duration of the Festival. Some of these stalls
will we be open until 18:00 in the afternoon.
25. Teachers/group leaders should report to the secretary on duty outside the venue on arrival. The secretary will inform teachers about on-site and actual developments at that specific moment. Information boards will be available outside each and every venue with a detailed list of the happenings inside the venue. It will also be marked with colour pencils to ensure that everybody is aware of the session progress.
26. MOST IMPORTANTLY: There is a shop across the road from Sundays River Primary School. NO CANDIDATE is allowed (without adult supervision) to leave the premises of the Festival. This is a farming, citrus and tourism area. Massive trucks, busses and tractors are constantly on this road. The Festival nor Sundays River Primary School will take any responsibility for any accidents that might happen during the festival. Headmasters, Teachers and Parents/Guardians should pay careful attention to this. Should the Organizer notice children moving across the road to the shop, I will assume that permission was given by the child’s parent/guardian or teacher. High School pupils should NOT send younger children to the shop. There is NO reason to visit the shop. There are plenty of food stalls on the school premises. You can pick and choose what you want to eat and drink. Furthermore, children should stay clear of the swimming pool area. The swimming pool is not a VENUE. You do not belong there. Access gates to the pool will be locked for the duration of the festival. It is end of winter. It is still very cold. There is no need to wander around at the pool.
IMPORTANT: ALL TEACHERS ATTENDING THE FESTIVAL ARE INVITED TO ENJOY BOTTOMLESS CUPS OF COFFEE/TEA EVERYDAY IN A SPECIAL MARQUEE TENT INFRONT OF THE ASSEMBLY HALL. THIS MARQUEE TENT IS AVAILABLE FOR TEACHERS AND ADJUDICATORS. EACH DAY THERE WILL BE SOMETHING LIGHT TO EAT for example, BISCUITS, MUFFINS ETC. THE BOTTLED WATER IN THIS TENT IS ALSO FOR THE TEACHERS AND ADJUDICATORS. TEACHERS WILL ALSO FIND BAGS OF ORANGES AND LEMONS IN THIS TENT. PLEASE HELP YOURSELF. I HAVE ARRANGED IT FOR YOU. This is an added extra that I have arranged for teachers. There are also lots of wooden benches all over the premises. Sit and relax.
WARM-UP VENUE: Teachers/candidates are welcome to use the computer department for the purpose of warming up. DO NOT fiddle with the computers. No eating and drinking allowed in this room. Keep the doors closed at all times. DO NOT turn the air-conditioner off. It is on for a reason.