- Teachers, parents/guardians must ensure that all entry forms are completed in full, clear, legible hand writing. THE FOLLOWING IS OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE: FOR OBVIOUS REASONS TEACHERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE ENTRY FORMS TO LEARNERS TO COMPLETE. It happened in the past and we suffered to decipher the entry forms and sorting out correct sessions for such learners. IF THE SORTING COMMITTEE COME ACROSS SUCH AN ENTRY – IT WOULD BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED. WE WILL ALSO NOT RETURN ENTRY FEES. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.
- TEACHERS SHOULD USE THE APPROPRIATE ENTRY FORMS. DO NOT SCRATCH OUT PRINTED SCRIPT ON THE ENTRY FORM AND WRITE OTHER INFORMATION ON THE FORM. ALL FORMS ARE 100% CORRECT. USE APPROPRIATE FORMS. SHOULD YOU WISH TO WRITE A NOTE FOR MY ATTENTION, PLEASE WRITE IT ON THE ENTRY FORM. I HAVE NO OBJECTION TO THIS. THE COMPLETE ENTRY FORM, TOGETHER WITH THE DIPLOMA, ADJUDICATOR COMMENTS ETC. WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU, THE TEACHER.
- All sessions will commence as stipulated on the program which all participating schools will receive on WEDNESDAY 31 JULY
- A group or participant not available at the start of the session will automatically loose his/her position on the program and
will have to wait until much later in the day to perform.
- All venues are in walking distance from the main building. Teachers and candidates to ensure that they arrive at least 15 minutes before each session. Should you be late, then you will have to wait until much later in the day. NO EXCEPTIONS. Convenors on site will ensure the smooth flow of arrangements.
- All candidates to perform in school uniform unless otherwise stipulated in the syllabus. Teachers are also at liberty to decide appropriate dress for the performance.
- 6. Entry forms and fees as well as accompanying art works, written work, photography, EXCEPT POEMS AND SHEET MUSIC must reach the festival office NO LATER than Monday 24th JUNE 2019. Art works and Photography to be hand delivered to the address provided in this booklet. Entry forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS. You receive this syllabus (unlike other festivals) well in advance. There is no reason to submit late entries.
- The Festival Officer reserves the right to combine classes or cancel any class due to insufficient entries.
- Entries that exceed the stated time limit will be penalised and the adjudicator reserves the right to stop a performance that is overrunning.
- There will be ONE Festival appointed photographer on the premises every day for the duration of the festival. A photographer from the
Press will also visit the festival during the two weeks and will publish photos in the newspaper/s. NO OTHER PHOTOGRAPHY, SOUND or
VIDEO RECORDING is allowed during performances as they can distract performers as well as infringe copyright and our child
- Mobile phones must be on “SILENT” inside the venues.
- No smoking is allowed inside any of the venues. Please use the sand holders outside the various venues. Do not throw buds all over the
- Audiences are welcome to attend all events and their support is greatly appreciated by the performers, particularly in classes
where the entries are small. Not only can you enjoy several hours of music, dance or drama, but you also have the opportunity
to hear a professional give valuable advice and guidance. NO ADMISSION FEE will be charged during the adjudicating phase
for audience members.
- The audience are expected to behave appropriately, e.g. not entering or leaving the venue while a performance or adjudication is
in progress and above all to remain silent while participants perform and when the adjudicator or stewards speak. Anyone deemed not
to behave appropriately will be asked to leave.
- Teachers, Parents/Guardians are responsible at all times for the welfare of the children/young people in their charge. The Festival does
not hold itself responsible for any injury sustained by any candidate or member of the public whilst on the Festival Premises.
- Please ensure that all entrants are placed in the correct classes. Once the programme has gone to press it is difficult to make
- Presentation is an important part of any performance, so consideration will be given to entrants who, for example - introduce their work
clearly and acknowledge applause at the end.
- Any complaints relating to the festival should be sent to the Festival Organiser in writing. Any queries regarding a session should be
directed to the Festival Organiser.
- The decision of the Adjudicator is final. He/She shall have the power to withhold any award if, in his/her opinion a performer did not
reach a sufficient standard.
- See the various categories for detailed rules and regulations.
- We expect all candidates to adhere to the rules of the Festival. The rules are stipulated for a reason. See under THE VARIOUS
CATEGORIES for a detailed outlay thereof.
- Candidates should not wander around in the school building. Bathrooms for boys and girls are clearly marked. We expect absolute
silence in the corridors as the rest of the school’s day to day activities continue in normal fashion.
- Adjudication will commence every morning exactly 9:00 and will continue throughout the day till 17:00 in the afternoon.
- Lunch will be served to all adjudicators between 13:00 and 14:00.
- Various stalls/stands will be available on the premises and will operate every day for the duration of the Festival.
- 25. Teachers/group leaders should report to the secretary on duty outside the venue on arrival. The secretary will inform teachers about on-site and actual developments at that specific moment. Information boards will be available outside each and every venue with a detailed list of the happenings inside the venue. It will also be marked with colour pencils to ensure that everybody is aware of the session progress.