This is one of the most difficult sessions to design for any Festival and is due to the fact that the possibilities are nearly endless. The Art and Culture Festival is opening this session for teachers to decide which combination of percussion instruments they would like to enter and the type of group they wish to enter. As a simple guideline we provide several options underneath:
- This session is open to all ages.
- A maximum of two (2) pieces can be performed
- Any combination of percussion instruments may be used
- A minimum of two (2) players and a maximum of twenty (40) players will be allowed in this session
- Candidates to provide their own instruments and stands.
- Entrants ARE NOT REQUIRED TO INCLUDE A COPY OF THEIR MUSIC WITH THE ENTRY FORM, BUT ARE REMINDED TO
SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR MUSIC TO THE ADJUDICATOR SECRETARY ON THE DAY OF PERFORMANCE. This copy may not be returned. Sheet Music is not required where band members are not able to read music and/or not playing from sheet music.
- Marching bands will perform outdoors in a special time slot as provided by the Art Festival. Should there be an entry for this type, the organizer will contact the responsible person and make appropriate arrangements for performance and adjudication.
- Bands may consist of any combination of percussion instruments and may also consist of a specific type of instrument for example: snare-drum ensemble, kettledrums (stationary position), etc.
- Candidates may use pitched or un-pitched percussion instruments.
THE BEST BAND WILL BE INVITED TO DO THE OPENING OF THE CITRUS SPORTS DAY ON SATURDAY 19th AUGUST 2017. THE BAND WILL PERFORM TO APPROXIMATELY 35 ATTENDING SCHOOLS FROM ALL OVER THE EASTERN CAPE AND TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ATTENDING THE SPORTS DAY.