- This session is open for any two (2) instrumentalists.
- Candidates may perform on any instrument of their choice (except organ) and must provide their own instruments if the instrument is not a piano.
- Candidates will be assessed as an ensemble and not as individuals.
- Piano candidates can perform on ONE piano or they may choose to perform on TWO pianos.
- A diploma will be issued to both candidates.
- This session is intended for two (2) candidates and not for a candidate together with his or her teacher.
- Copies of all performance works must be submitted to the adjudicator secretary and may not be returned.
- Candidates must note that the Copyright Act 98 of 1978, as amended, strictly prohibits the photocopying of sheet music without written permission form the publisher.
- Candidates may use any addition of works.
- Candidates are free to perform from any period: Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Modern.
- Page turners are allowed, but must not be the teacher of candidates.
- Choice of work: Own choice.
- Only ONE item per candidate is permitted, BUT where a candidate performed as a duet, or accompanist to another candidate, such a candidate may enter twice.
- Maximum time limit: 10 minutes
C1.1 Beginners C1.6 Grade 5
C1.2 Grade 1 C1.8 Grade 6
C1.3 Grade 2 C1.9 Grade 7
C1.4 Grade 3 C1.10 Grade 8
C1.5 Grade 4 C1.11 OPEN SESSION